Job Title: Head of Information Technology Reports to: CEO
Department: IT Role: Permanent
Location: Dubai, UAE
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will oversee the strategic planning, directing, managing and evaluating of all technology and functions for TASC. You will ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data, systems, and technology. Additionally, champion introduction of new technologies, artificial intelligence, RPAs and data analytics and dashboards to improve agility, speed and productivity.
You will be responsible for a variety of tasks, which would include:
1. Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives.
2. Starting TASC on a journey of information security – IT Certification ISO 270001
3. Evaluation, deployment and management of current and future applications and supporting software, hardware & IT systems.
4. Promote strong communication channels between IT and business stakeholders.
5. Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures; direct continuous improvement of the systems, applications, and procedures to maintain pace with technological progress, aligned to business needs.
6. Scan, evaluate and implement new technologies to achieve business objectives.
7. Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
8. Propose, implement and control the annual operating and capital budgets, which includes tightly managing expenditures in line with the approved budgets.
9. Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and vendors.
10. Management of all IT projects, reporting on delivery and costs.
11. Ensuring full IT support is provided to TASC remote offices.
University degree in the field of computer science or information technology. Master’s degree preferred.
Skills and Competencies
• 15 years’ experience managing and/or directing an IT operation, including experience in strategic planning and execution.
• Proven experience in improving processes and driving efficiency, though various technology efficiencies.
• Proven experience in IT project and team management.
• Ability to plan, organize and effectively run a dynamic Information Technology department of a mid-size organization.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of information technology methods practices and systems.
• Knowledge of financial concepts, systems, operations, methodologies, and stands of performance.
• Ability to analyze problems and opportunities, identify and evaluate alternatives, and develop sound, effective approaches.